Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Agricola is almost perfect

I finally busted open my copy of Agricola the other day. There was just one problem with it: no blue player family members! I e-mailed Z man games to see if I can get a replacement.

I played a five-player game with some new players (family version). I went the meat route with an early Hearth, which ironically I didn't really use till phase three abouts. Guess that turn could've been spent doing something more useful. I ended that one with 35 points.

Then I played a solo game, which I found is much harder. I never got past three family members (but did have a stone house), and never even played an occupation. There always seemed like there was a better option on the board. I think I ended that game with 28 or so points. I must play more solo games until I don't suck any more.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I came to see what the 'almost' was is 'almost perfect'--there's nothing wring with the game besides the missing pieces? Yeah, I'd agree with that.

    I haven't even seen everything the game can do yet (by which I mean I haven't used all the cards), but who knows--maybe they'll ruin the whole game for me. That's what's known as the Power of Positive Thinking.

    ReplyDelete